Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Fork in My Road...


So I love rap right? More than any other genre of music. I've been wanting to be a "hip hop journalist" since I was like 13. But I'd been in love with rap since way before '96. Just coming up where I did, there was no avoiding the entire culture. Anyways, as of late, Jarvis has been pushing me to get into writing about fashion. Which is fine, because clothes excite me too. But I couldn't see myself writing on some Vogue shit, which is cool also, it's just not me. I could however, do some streetwear writing, I mean if you think about it, Atlanta doesn't have ANY streetwear bloggers. And I look at least one of those type blogs everyday from either coast. With all the boutiques popping up down here everyday- Atlanta is a transplant city... Sheeit, why not? I look at new Nikeys and M.O.B. shirts for fun.


I like being me, just me, and I like to try being exclusive to a certain extent. Maybe I'm scared of doing the blog shit, because I'd be sacrificing a part of me by letting everyone else in. But how many people actually read this- or would read that? This blog thing may be an excuse for me to go to stores and look at kicks just because. So you guys may be seeing something else from me soon. Other than my personal.


Look, so I finally listened to Lil' Wayne's new one this past weekend, just because I wanted hear it after all the hype and it just so happens that I may be a bit of a convert. I never respected his rhymes as a youngun'. But remember when I was a teenager, he was a year older than me, with the Hot Boyz, and he was wack to me. Do remember, my standard is and for the longest time has been Jay... Wayne definitely has some bangers on #3 though. Especially that Babyface joint, OMG, the beat is completely retarded. But I was already a fan of Kanye right? So as far as his lyricism, "Let the Beat Build" is aiight: "I'm peepin' all y'all people different/ I pay my dues/ You keep the difference/ I can see the end at the beginning/ So I'm not racin' I'm just sprintin'". He has a couple other tracks on there, "La La", production is stupid. I love David Banner behind the boards. Anyways...

Back to work on Thursday, back to the bullshit... Dreams of this other shit....

0 comments: